Contemporary Laser Technology for Women’s Health
Non-Invasive (Non-Surgical) Treatment of Pelvic Floor Relaxation Syndrome with the Laser Er:YAG SMOOTH
Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP)?
What is pelvic organ prolapse and how to recognize it?
Pregnancy and childbirth, especially in old age, hysterectomy, a woman’s weight changes, congenital connective tissue peculiarities and aging for most women eventually lead to the condition called pelvic floor relaxation syndrome (PFRS) or vaginal or uterine prolapse. The PFRS becomes most evident during menopause when hormonal changes cause the tone of vaginal and pelvic floor muscles to decrease and the vaginal mucosa to get thinner. The PFRS manifests itself through vaginal and uterine prolapse of different severity, decrease of vaginal elasticity or widening of the vagina. With age it progresses.
- Unpleasant sensations in the perineum (stretching, sliding, foreign body)
- Pain in the area of the sacrum (disappears after lying down)
- Painful and unpleasant sexual intercourse
- Stress urinary incontinence or inability to urinate
- Vaginal and uterine prolapse (the woman touches it or sees it)
- Recurrent urinary system inflammations
- There might be no symptoms
What is the principle of the treatment of pelvic floor relaxation syndrome?
The laser technology IntimaLase IncontiLase TM and TM (SMOOTH) in SUGIHARA Clinics is the only technology in the world which does not damage the vaginal mucosa and since the treatment is being done in the depth of 10-11 mm other internal organs of the woman (cervix, uterus (myomas), ovary, etc.) are not affected. The treatment is based on photothermic effect and is performed in SMOOTH mode without cutting, sewing, etc.
Thanks to photothermic effect of the laser:
- the collagen of the vagina and endopelvic fascia contract creating a lifting effect (vaginal narrowing is felt immediately after the treatment)
- the synthesis of new collagen is stimulated (long-term effect, vaginal elasticity improves, support for the sliding uterus becomes stronger)
- neoangeogenesis is being stimulated, i.e. production of new blood vessels (blood flow, tissue nutrition and metabolism are improving)
- All these effects create better support for the sliding uterus and the vagina gets narrower.
What are the results of the non-invasive laser treatment of PFRS?
- For 95% of the women assessed the narrowing of their vagina as significant and moderate.
- The vagina got narrower by 17% on average.
- High (97%) satisfaction rate of the patients.
- No side effects noticed.
How is the treatment performed?
IncontilLase TM and IntimaLase TM is suitable not for every patient. It is necessary to get a consultation from the doctor gynaecologist before the treatment. If during the consultation it is established that the treatment with IncontilLase TM/IntimaLase TM is recommended for you, the treatment may be performed immediately after the consultation.
Is the anonymity of the treatment guaranteed?
SUGIHARA Clinics guarantees complete anonymity and confidentiality. The treatment is being perform and consultations given by a female doctor. This is particularly important when one needs to talk about problems and difficulties of intimate life.
What tests should be performed before the treatment or consultation?
For consultation you need to have with you the results of the following tests:
- Normal oncocytological (PAP) smear (of the current year)
- Urine test (it is necessary to check whether there is no urinary infection)
- Vaginal flora examination (it is necessary to check whether there is no inflammation)
- Female genital ultrasound description (myomas is not a contraindication to this treatment)
- Not a menstrual period
- No obesity, KMI < 33
- The woman’s work is not related to lifting heavy items daily
- No pregnancy
What are the contraindications for the treatments?
- inflammations of vagina, bladder and internal genitals
- existing oncological disease
- blood system diseases
- pregnancy (the treatment performed before the pregnancy does not have any effect on future pregnancies and childbirths)
For how long does the whole procedure last?
A consultation lasts for up to 30 min. and the laser treatment is short approximately 15-30 min.
How many treatments are needed?
Most often two treatments is needed with one-month gab between them but it might be that up to four treatments are needed (depends on severity of the pathology)
Is the treatment painful?
The treatment is not painful, additional anaesthesia (pain relief) is not needed.
What can one expect after the treatment?
- After the treatment it is allowed to immediately return to the daily work
- Improvement will be noticed immediately after the treatment and it will strengthen within the coming six months (high satisfaction rate)
What are the recommendations after the treatment?
- not to have any sexual intercourse for 1 week after the treatment
- not to take a bath, not to go to a pool for 1 week after the treatment
- to avoid constipation for 2 weeks after the treatment
- to avoid lifting heavy items for 1 month after the treatment
- no to use tampons for 1 month after the treatment
- to come for an additional treatment after 1 month
For how long will the results last?
The improvement remains for 1.5-2 years. After that it is possible to repeat the treatment.
Initial consultation (up to 30 min.) EUR 30
Repeated consultation (15 min.) EUR 20
Therapeutic laser gynaecology treatment EUR 145